(c) 2542-2543 (1999-2000) by Joke
Version 0.1.7 Released 20/09/2543 (2000)
Internet Gateway Control Panel (IGCP) control SOME diald, squid and, in future, sendmail functions. It aims for used in a system which changed
configuration frequently. For example, site with 2 ISPs. It contains some neat feature such as support 10 configurations,
support 10 phone numbers per configuration, configure and control via web interface.
IGCP is free for non-commercial personal usage. IGCP is provided as-it-as. No warranty of all kind. For commercial,
organizational, government, or educational usage, please contact me for more detail about license fee (which could be
free in some cases.)
Current version is 0.1.7. The version number uses the same notaion as Linux's.
Feature in version 0.1.7. (* = New feature in version 0.1.7)
- Support 10 configurations.
- Support 10 phone numbers per configuration.
- Automatically rotate phone number.
- All configuration and controlation is done via web interface.
- Configurable parameters in each configuration are:
- Configuration Name
- Automatic/Manual Connection Mode
- Serial Device, Speed
- Modem Init String
- Dial Prefix
- Phone Numbers (up to 10)
- Local, Remote IP Address
- User Name, Password (PAP)
- Parent Proxy (up to 2)
- Control the link with:
- Up/Down the link immediately
- Display current link status.
- Integrated script for change HTTP password.
- * Detailed report.
- * Remember last successfully connected phone
number. (ie. if successfully connected, do not change phone number next time.)
- * Multiple language user interface.
- * Shutdown server via web.
I don't know exactly what the requirement is, but these are my configurations which IGCP works.
- Linux 2.2.14 (based on Slackware 4.0)
- Diald 0.99.4
- Perl 5.005_03
- Apache 1.3.9
- Pppd 2.3.7
- Squid 2.3STABLE4
- There's a lot of security issue. This because apache is run as nobody and it have to write some security-sensitive
files. My currently work around is to chown those files to nobody and chmod to 600.
- Currently, I use suid program to reconfigure squid. If somebody know this will opens security hole, please tell me.
- There is no authorization. I think just using http authenticate is enough. (See Apache document.)
- Mail Server doesn't work yet.
- Integrate Sendmail configuration.
- Menu for change language.
- More options.
Please send your comment, suggestion or opinion to firstname.lastname@example.org.